Pitter Patterson

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Doggone CrAzY

My girls are both BIG animal lovers and have been begging for a pet for as long as they've been speaking. I'd been putting it off until they were old enough to have some responsibility. But then a few months ago I realized that I am like REALLY allergic to some dogs. But, I just haven't been able to resign myself to them not getting a dog because of me. So I started researching alot of different breeds and had narrowed it down to a couple of different 'hypo-allergenic' breeds. But the question still remained as to how much of a reaction I would have to them? I had actually kind of dropped the subject the last couple of weeks because I just felt too conflicted and had know way of knowing what my allergies would do even around these supposedly 'hypo-allergenic' dogs. Until yesterday. When a relative brought her dog to visit and lo and behold it was one of the breeds I'd researched! And I fell in love with her. And my allergies didn't go nuts. And so as of tonight, I have a deposit on an 11 week old Affenpinscher female puppy. We're going to get her Saturday afternoon and I am beside myself!! I can't believe I'm doing this!! My girls don't even know yet!! I KNOW I will hate myself in t-minus 48 hrs when she's whining all night and peeing on my new antique rug. But right now I can hardly wait to meet her!! So, I am attaching a picture of the baby I hope to call "Maggie" - whether or not that will end up being her name remains to be seen since Big O told me tonight if she ever had a dog she would name it CRYSTAL. Is it just me, or does that sound like a stripper?



Prev Next
©1997-2006 Openwave Systems Inc. All rights reserved.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

She's adorable! What fun for the girls - luckily dogs housebreak pretty quickly :) How big will she get?

11:18 AM  
Blogger Mrs Pop said...

Pre-shus!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home